Vuelta a España ical

Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Vuelta Logo

You can download the stages of the 2012 in Vuelta a España for your electronic diary organiser, phone, computer

inrngVueltaCalendar.ics [right-click to save, see below for more tech support]

The Tour and Olympic calendars were very popular so here is the Vuelta version ahead of the race this Saturday.

Over to you to incorporate it with whatever software you might use. Normally on a desktop or laptop computer the best way is to right-click on the file link above and save the .ics file. Then import the file to your electronic diary. With an iPhone just click on the link and select “Open in Calendar” when prompted and should get incorporated into your diary. One or two clicks and it’s on your phone / Outlook etc calendar.

Daniel August 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Muchas gracias

Dachs August 14, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Greg August 14, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Brilliantly timed – thanks once again for your hardwork here at what has become my “must read” cycling website.

routier August 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Do the organisers not like the south?!

Igam Ogam August 14, 2012 at 5:11 pm

The route does look rather top-heavy doesn’t it.

Is it me or are the major stage races moving back to what I thought was a long-abandoned policy of hefty transfers between stages. I recall (showing my age here) several rider-strikes about this issue. The more I look at the stage maps nowadays the bigger the gaps between the stage finish and start towns get. It must be a killer for the riders trying to get as much rest as possible.

Dave August 14, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I think the team buses are just comfier ;-)

MikeF August 15, 2012 at 9:16 am

How much shorter have the stages got, though? A quick (and unscientific) look seems to suggest the riders will be cycling about 10 hours less in total than they had to in the typical 80s and 90s Vuelta.

I’d guess the riders don’t mind a few transfers with an extra 50km on the coach ride if it means a few stages that are 50km shorter.

inopinatus August 15, 2012 at 5:35 am

El engranaje interno.

Mr.Inrng- thank you for preparing this! A minor nit – it doesn’t quite render correctly in Google Calendar (accents appear as ?? characters), because the server is sending the wrong content-type. If your Apache configuration permits, put this in the .htaccess file next to the .ics file:

AddType ‘text/calendar; charset=UTF-8′ ics

NB: this won’t take immediate effect because Google Calendar won’t refetch a URL for many hours. However I have verified it as correct using my self-managed Apache 2 host; for those of you who really cannot wait, use http://www.koshua.org/vuelta.ics when using “Other Calendars -> Add by URL” in Google Calendar.

inopinatus August 15, 2012 at 5:37 am

ah, looks like wordpress performs computer-unfriendly replacement to the single-quote characters, they should both be regular single-quote marks.

The Inner Ring August 15, 2012 at 10:10 am

Is anyone else having the problem?

You can also reach it via Google Calendar at https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=q5qrh93eqi9ibs9p260vma7esg%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Paris

Dave August 15, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Another great effort from INRNG.

Have tried that, but I get “Events from one or more calendars could not be shown here because you do not have the permission to view them.”

I already have the Inner Ring 2012 Pro Cycling Calendar in my Google Calendar, but when I import the ics file it adds the dates to my personal calendar. Is it possible to add them as a stand alone calendar that I can enable/disable?

(Or could the Vuelta stage details just be added to the Pro Cycling calendar?)

The Inner Ring August 15, 2012 at 7:41 pm

I’ve updated the settings of the calendar, it’s now “public” so this should fix it. Sorry for the hassle, I can generate the ics file but getting all the other settings right is still something I’m learning.