What happened next?

Friday, 16 September 2011

The Tour of Britain is riding through Wales. A fan stands by the roadside with a smartphone to record the moment and HTC-Highroad’s Bernhard Eisel rides past. Then something happens.

The clip has been doing the rounds on twitter but social media can be a bit of closed loop with everyone following each other so here’s a chance to see the video if you missed it.

The eagle-eyed will note that it’s none other than Alex Rasmussen who gets the support from Eisel. The Austrian is due to join Team Sky for 2012 and this sense of humour should help on long coach transfers.

Pin It

Dave September 16, 2011 at 1:53 pm

That’s made my day…I’ve not seen a FAGOR top in years! :-)

Questions September 16, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Is this the same Rasmusen who missed three tests? Is he due to join Garmin (thursday’s post) or Sky(todays)?
Thanks

UCI needs to start reading its rules and start ruling on them in black and white. one word: Farce.

flammecast September 16, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Rasmussen is due to join neither, it’s Eisel that’s rumoured to be gone to Sky.

The Inner Ring September 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Questions / Flammecast: “The Austrian is due to join Team Sky for 2012″ means Eisel as he’s from Austria and Rasmussen is from Denmark.

And yes it’s the same Rasmussen who missed three tests and was set to join Garmin but he’s not now.

miller September 16, 2011 at 6:44 pm

His uphill sprint in cycling shoes is very impressive!

Simma September 16, 2011 at 9:45 pm

thats pretty awesome, better than the entire 2011 vuelta xD

Jay T September 17, 2011 at 6:12 am

Okay, I’m not going to lie…I don’t really understand what’s happening in the video. Can someone please explain it to me? I see that Eisel is the one stopped, but who are the other riders? What is going on?

Thanks!

Jay T September 17, 2011 at 6:13 am

Okay, never mind. For some reason, my mind could not grasp the fact that Rasmussen is an HTC rider. I kept looking for a Saxo Bank jersey. Got it.

Funny how you always seem to answer your own question right after you ask the answer of someone else:)

Simma September 17, 2011 at 6:16 am

it’s just eisel having a laugh, getting off his bike to be a jeering fan for rasmussen and some sky boys on a hill after their days work is done (i always wonder what the bus is up to after hearing the funny stories like cav and black tape)

JT September 21, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I asked Eisel about this (why he did it) at one of the subsequent stage starts and he said “I don’t know, I was bored…”.