A data dump of a week because all the points from the Giro are included… but no big changes in the standings.
- No change to the relegation teams, Lotto-Soudal and Israel face the drop
- Bora-hansgroghe, Bahrain… and Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert top the table for the best scorers
- The lowest scorers were B&B Hotels, Israel and Arkéa-Samsic
- As things stand Lotto-Soudal and Total Energies would get automatic invites to the grand tours next year
- As much it’s been as a busy week of one day racing and all the Giro’s points get added up, there weren’t any big changes in the table, Ineos climb up to second ahead of Jumbo-Visma, Astana overtake Ag2r Citroën, Intermarché climb above Arkéa-Samsic and BikeExchange swap 18th for 17th place
This week’s update includes all the points from the Giro. Bora-hansgrohe collect molto points thanks to Jai Hindley’s overall win, plus his stage win and one for Lennard Kämna’s too, more than Astana and EF Education have collected all season… but it still leaves Bora-Hansgrohe in fifth place on the three year table and also fifth on the points earned this season as well.
Three stage wins for Bike-Exchange helped them collect some points but not as much as a solid GC bid by Simon Yates would have, but it’s enough to lift them back above EF who drop to 18th place.
If there’s no change in the positions with Lotto-Soudal in 19th and Israel in 20th, there is the points and the direction of travel: the Belgian team continue to score while Israel stall. As the chart above shows Lotto-Soudal started the season almost a thousand points behind Israel, overtook them on 17 May and now have over 500 points lead on them. Lotto-Soudal now have EF Education in reach too, having started the season some 2,738 points behind, they’ve closed the gap to 750 points. But there’s still a long way to go because things are very close. The relegation story continues to bubble away.
Animated bar chart race
If you’re new to the story of promotion and relegation this year and want it explained then click here.
To see how many points are available in each race or category, click here.