≡ Menu

Pro cycling column

Pro Cycling Magazine kindly asked if I’d write a piece for them about the use of Twitter in the sport and you can read my thoughts in the latest version of the magazine (edition 159).

You’ll have to buy the magazine to read it, especially since the column is more than 140 characters long.

• Erik B. Monday, 19 December 2011, 3:05 pm

🙂

• Duncan Monday, 19 December 2011, 6:43 pm

Read it already, enjoyed it. Hope it becomes a regular feature.

• bikecellar Monday, 19 December 2011, 6:54 pm

Being a “fan” it was the first thing I read, Informative article, your final comment re print media/electronic media is spot on, I have just re-subscribed to Procycling for just the reasons you state. Have you had an increase in hits since the magazine’s publication?

• bikecellar Monday, 19 December 2011, 7:20 pm

Now joined the Twitterati ! 🙂

• Martin du blog de l'Ardoisier Tuesday, 20 December 2011, 9:41 am

I’m French, and I can’t buy Pro Cycling Magazine…
    Too bad for me

• Larry T. Tuesday, 20 December 2011, 11:35 am

If I was in the USA or UK I might sneak a read in the bookstore, otherwise I find little of interest in most print mags these days with ONE exception, ROULEUR. That one I pay the high cost for because a) I like it and b) it’s one of the few where one can still find well-written articles by folks who get paid to write them. No offense to the ‘Ring here but far too many of these rags pay little to nothing to writers so end up with articles written by hacks who do it just to see their name in print or promote something else they’re involved in – neither makes for enjoyable reading. I’ll have a nice stack of them waiting back home in the fall, but good writing is timeless.

• Fixie Fan Tuesday, 20 December 2011, 8:42 pm

Congratulations, I hope a) it becomes a regular gig and b) they pay you well for it!
    Seriously though, I’m impressed how you’ve stepped up.

• Darren Tuesday, 20 December 2011, 9:23 pm

Look forward to reading it in one of my two fav mags!!! The other being Peloton!

• Fixie Fan Wednesday, 21 December 2011, 2:16 pm

Lol Darren, if he got featured in Peloton *and* the mtb mag Dirtrag I would be totally made up as well!