It’s Christmas time and the media is full of quizzes and annual retrospectives, a fine way
to pad out the content when there is little news around to reflect on the year gone by.
Either way a lot happened in 2011 and here are 10 questions for you. Leave your answers in the comments below and the winner gets a Prendas Ciclismo calendar for 2012 featuring vintage photos from years gone by.
1. Name the two riders in the cartoon above.
2. Name the team that won the most prize money in this year’s Tour de France.
3. Name the team that won the least amount of money in this year’s Tour de France.
4. Which directeur sportif has modelled underware in the past?
5. Joaqium Rodriguez is nicknamed “purito“. What does this mean?
6. Name the rider who wore the wrong national champion’s jersey for several days during the Tour de France.
7. Which two riders scored 10 and topped the UCI’s leaked “suspicion index”?
8. What is the name of the cartoon mascot of the Giro d’Italia?
9. Which Astana rider suddenly developed career-ending back pain after Andrey Kashechkin joined the team mid-season?
10. A tie breaker: name the Belgian company I called to ask for an interview but they declined, stating they “didn’t want the publicity“.
The winner is the person with the most correct answers so if you get one right you could win and if everyone gets through and copies and pastes the first person to get all ten then I’ll pick a name using a random generator.
Of course you can steal answers from each other, half the point is to look back over some of the more curious moments of the year. The answers will appear here tomorrow.
Here’s the prize on offer:
- Footnote: Mick and Andy from the Prendas shop in Britain kindly sent me two calendars so one is surplus and available for you to win. It’s thanks to them that the giveaway competitions started, readers earlier this year were able to win a keyring.