Want a signed copy of Max Leonard’s new book “Higher Calling”? It was enjoyed and reviewed the other day here and now here’s your chance to win a copy with a simple quiz.
The book is all about the mountains and their role in cycling, whether for pro races or the challenge they offer to us all. The competition is designed to celebrate the Tour’s passage through the Alps.
Just guess the first rider to the top of each of the three marked climbs that feature in the Tour de France’s 18th stage.
To help the three climbs are:
- Km 60.0 – Côte des Demoiselles Coiffées: 3.9 kilometre-long climb at 5.2% – category 3
- Km 129.5 – Col de Vars (2109m): 9.3km at 7.5% – category 1
- Km 179.5 – Col d’Izoard (2360m): 14.1km at 7.3% – category H
How to enter
Leave your pick or picks in a comment below, it’s as easy as that.
You can post under any pseudonym and please be reassured this is not one of those email harvesting exercises masquerading as a competition, you don’t have to leave your email address and if you do you’ll never be bothered, promised.
The rules bit
- The order of your picks should match the order of the climbs, see the example comment below
- All comments left before midday on Thursday Euro time are valid
- if nobody guesses right the closest picks will be selected with priority going to the highest climbs
- in the event of a tie, the names get pasted into a spreadsheet and selected by random function