Supporter Kit

Monday, 9 October 2017

Supporter t-shirt

A reminder to readers that you can get some gear and support this blog at the same time. There are t-shirts, jerseys and socks.

T-shirts are priced at £25 ($33/€28) and the Prendas website has more photos and details. It’s a t-shirt with a difference: Typically tees have designs printed but this one has a panel with the pattern sublimated instead, like a cycling jersey. The difference isn’t so much about the means of manufacture, more how gives the t-shirt a different touch with a comfy feel.

Support
As loyal readers will know there’s no hard sale here. Every piece could be tagged with a prompt to buy gear but that would be distracting, no? Instead there’s just the occasional reminder that you can get kit including socks and a jersey too.

Sales help keep the wheels turning and mean someone reads the UCI rulebook or pro team financial accounts so you don’t have to, the same for checking out race routes and previews and more like producing the annual calendar of pro races for your diary or phone.

It’s been great to see photos of readers taking their caps and jerseys to familiar roads and exotic places alike. Kind thanks to everyone who has purchased kit already.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+
BenW October 10, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Love the gear and Prendas are top notch for service. I lack socks and a tee but they may be additions soon. I have both the coloured- and white-print versions of the black cap and the Jersey, the caps will take another beating with my black winter gear this winter. Maybe some warmers would be nice, or a gilet for the full “Belgian hardman”? 😉

Chris J October 12, 2017 at 5:11 pm

I really like the idea of a gilet. Would buy.

Already have the jersey, socks, cap and tshirt. The latter is particularly nice – that sublimated thing is no gimmick, it’s really comfy!

Thanks again to Mr InRng for all the hard work.

Hamish D October 10, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I have the t-shirt. It is ace. I may have to go for one of the jerseys too.

Prendas customer service is also first class….

Anonymous October 10, 2017 at 1:55 pm

What percentage of the T-Shirt cost goes to you? I might prefer to straight up donate…

The Inner Ring October 11, 2017 at 9:28 am

It depends from item to item but it’s a good amount.

People often ask about plain donations but I like the idea of people getting something back in return too plus the kit sales do cover all the costs here.

Marcus October 11, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Inrng = the best.

JT October 11, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Getting something back: great pieces ob the blog ! No need for more !

Tommy B October 12, 2017 at 10:24 am

The idea of donations would be to give *you* something back for all your hard work in bringing us this fine blog 🙂

Nonetheless, I’m pleased to be able to recommend both the t-shirt & socks – great to wear & be seen in, coupled with the usual great service from the folks at Prendas.

BC October 10, 2017 at 10:22 pm

The Prendas web site is not showing caps. Any chance of new stock ?

The Inner Ring October 11, 2017 at 9:26 am

They’re on their way. I think you can sign up for stock notifications on the website if you really want, if not check back in a week or two?