The Giro d’Italia starts in ten days’ time and just as there’s a season-long calendar of all the major men’s and women’s races to download, here’s the stage by stage Giro ical for your phone or diary ahead of the grande partenza in Sardinia.
The calendar keeps proving surprisingly popular for each grand tour. It lists each stage along with the distance plus a stellar rating to indicate the strategic importance or likely entertainment.
Here’s the URL to copy-paste:
An iCal is a calendar file that you can store on your phone or electronic diary like Outlook. There are several ways to get this on to your computer or phone.
- If you use MacOS/iOS copy the URL… then Calendar.app hit cmd+alt+S (or File>New Calendar Subscription…) whilst in Calendar.app, paste in the URL and it will update across all your devices and updates will be processed
- iPhone/iPad users should tap a finger here and wait for the pop up message and select copy. Then go to settings > mail/contacts/calendars > then “add account” > “other” > “add subscribed calendar” > paste the copied URL into the server field and follow the instructions
- If you use Microsoft Outlook, copy the URL and then go to Tools > Account Settings > Internet Calendars and paste the URL to subscribe. In each case when the calendar is updated with a date change or an event is cancelled your software will upload the new data
- Google users can click on the Google Agenda logo on the bottom right corner of the calendar below
- Alerts are turned off in the calendar settings by default but to be safe think about turning off the alarm in your calendar settings to avoid any nocturnal notifications
- Stages are listed as “all day events” so they don’t clutter up your actual diary but in case you need to know so you can keep slots clear during May then each stage finish is forecast to finish at 5.15pm CET
For a calendar of all the main pro races in 2017, including the free iCal, visit inrng.com/calendar.